How Can I Learn More?
Products and Services Available
Videotapes and workshops can help you achieve culturally sensitive, time efficient and effective story, folklore and oral history collecting, telling and archiving. Contact us to obtain more information or to order videos, book a staff development workshop or start your own Swapping Stories project.
Workshops/Teacher Staff Development
For more information contact us.
All workshops include:
- A workshop packet with lesson plans for the training and story swapping
- A Swapping Stories video
- Follow-up to questions via e-mail
- Audio/video taping/editing are school/organization responsibilities
Ninety-Minute Introductory Workshop - One Day Consulting Services
- Explanation and participation in an abbreviated Swapping Stories training
- All participants tell their a story to a partner, but emphasis is on the structure of the stories and personal listening, not on delivery or sharing with a large group.
- Four hours of planning or follow up consulting
Three- to Four-Hour Participatory Workshop - One Day Consulting
- Includes two hours pre-planning or follow up consulting.
- Emphasis is on experiencing and understanding all steps of the project with ample time for reflection so participants can do the work in their own group or class.
- All participants swap stories and a few tell their stories to the whole group.
Your Own Swapping Stories Project - Three to Five Days Consulting
- One day for planning, meeting, and evaluation for goal setting and project planning
- Two or three sixty- to ninety-minute preparatory workshops with each group or one half day for each group
- One joint Story Swapping session (two to three hours)
- Workshop packet with lesson plans for the training and story swapping
- Follow-up via e-mail or phone
- Audio/video taping/editing are school/organization responsibilities but additional consulting and script writing services are available.